L St. Opening / 28th St. Closure
Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento is currently undergoing construction to combine acute and outpatient medical services into a state-of-the-art medical campus. The campus will include Sutter Capitol Pavilion, Sutter General Hospital/Ose Adams Medical Pavilion, the Sutter Cancer Center/Buhler Specialty Pavilion and the new Anderson Lucchetti Women’s and Children’s Center.
L Street will re-open for westbound-only vehicular traffic between 28th and 29th streets on Friday morning, July 27. Pedestrian traffic will also re-open on the north side of L Street.
Cancer Center Patient Drop-Off/Valet
• Valet parking at the Sutter Cancer Center/Buhler Specialty Pavilion will be located in the same place, in front of the Cancer Center, and patients will enter L Street from 29th or 30th streets. Valet is available from 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
28th St. will be closed between Capitol Avenue and L Street starting July 28 for a duration of approximately four months. During this time, vehicular and pedestrian traffic will be impacted and re-routed.
• The sidewalks along 28th Street will be closed to pedestrian traffic. A pedestrian detour will be available along 28th Street through Sutter Capitol Pavilion corridor during business hours: from 5 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. After business hours, pedestrian traffic will then be routed to the valet entrance drive for Sutter Capitol Pavilion between 27th and 28th streets as depicted on the campus map (on reverse).
Paratransit Drop-Off and Pick-Up
Three dedicated Paratransit loading and unloading zones will be available during this time.
• Capitol Pavilion paratransit loading/unloading zone will be located on the corner of Capitol Avenue and 28th Street. The meters will not be available for public use.
• Sutter General Hospital paratransit loading/unloading zone will be shared with the Sutter Shuttle and will be located at the corner of 28th and L streets.
• For Buhler Building patients, the paratransit loading/unloading zone will be on the southeast corner of 28th and
L streets. To access, vehicles must enter from L Street or 28th Street and make a U-Turn and off-load patients in the
Sutter Capitol Pavilion Valet
The Sutter Capitol Pavilion valet will continue to be operational from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you liked this article, you may also like:
Lane Closures Planned as Final Street Improvements Begin Sutter Health Sign Goes Up on New Women’s and Children’s Center Check Out Before and After Photos of the Expanded Midtown Campus Helicopter Makes First Landing Atop Sutter’s New Women’s and Children’s Center Sutter Nurses Prepare for Dedicated Emergency Room for Children